The Learning Supports strive to increase student success by meeting students where they are and supporting them to accomplish their immediate and long-term goals. The Academic Support Center provides professional tutors to intervene and enrich students' experiences at SPCC. Under the direction of the Tech Coordinator, the Tech Tutor will support students with immediate technology support issues related to course work. This part-time position provides front line support to students and faculty in the use of technologies in the physical and the virtual classroom by resolving basic technical problems, escalating unresolved queries, and following up with customers via phone, videoconferencing, email, ticketing system, and in-person to ensure high functionality of learning technologies in support of students' academic success and faculties' instructional success. The right candidate will be tech-savvy and curious, with excellent customer service skills, a high degree of attention to detail, patience, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask. This position works in the Academic Support Center and the newly created Technology Commons that includes a café and campus spirit store.
- Course credits and/or an equivalent combination of education and customer support work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve end-users' technical issues by troubleshooting hardware and software issues on a variety of computer systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in Windows 10 operating system.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Associate degree in computer or instructional technologies-related fields.
- Previous experience with educational technologies and supporting A/V equipment.
- Proficiency in various operating systems to include diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Proficiency in various Learning Management Systems.
- Supervision experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of instructional techniques and methods, including web-based learning resources integration.
- Experience working in a postsecondary setting.
- CIS 110 and digital-based courses' tutoring.
- Web-based courses' support.
- Canvas support.
- Bibliu navigation.
- Assist students as needed logging into campus technologies to include the Learning Management System, videoconferencing, college email, virtual reality headsets, and any other technologies used to support their educational experience.
- Supporting students in accessing resources online to complete coursework.
- Support drop-in students when students are not on schedule for tutoring.
- ITV course support, activating equipment prior to the beginning of classes and supporting instructors as needed.
- Other miscellaneous technology-related tasks as assigned.