Teacher Job Description
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Administrative Leadership Team
Purpose: To plan, organize and present instruction and instructional environments that help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, presenting, and assessing the curriculum as defined in the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- Depending on the grade level or subject area of teaching will be responsible for approximately 20 students at a single time during regular intervals, but this number can vary.
- All teachers are responsible for ongoing evaluation of the curriculum and program at Union Academy working with the Instructional Staff and under the direction and supervision of the Administration.
- Provide for instruction which is consistent with school expectations and which meets the educational needs of all students assigned to the teacher.
- Communicate with students, parents, administrators and other staff members in a manner which is consistent with school expectations
- Employ planning, record-keeping, resource management, and learning environment management practices which are consistent with district and school expectations, and which maximize the teacher's effectiveness.
- Will provide for student supervision which ensures student safety consistent with school expectations.
- Will assume professional responsibilities in a manner which meets school expectations and ensures continued personal and professional growth.
- Will implement goals and objectives for certified teacher as modified in the individual's growth plan and consistent with the school’s improvement plan.
- Any other assigned duties.
Other Responsibilities: Performs related work as required. (NOTE: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
Physical Requirements: Must be able to use a variety of equipment and classroom tools such as computers, copiers, typewriters, calculators, pencils, scissors, and equipment for children with special needs, etc. Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Due to amount of time spent standing and/or walking, physical requirements are consistent with those for Light Work.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work year as established by the Board. Teachers should be highly qualified (HQT) or working toward securing this status.
Assessment: Performance of this job will be assessed annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on assessment of administrative personnel.
Click on the link below and apply through our High School English Teacher Pool Application.