The Systems Administrator is a full-time position located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Information Technology Services/Chief Information Officer, the Systems Administrator is responsible for the college-wide implementation, maintenance and administration of all Microsoft Windows (virtual and physical) and Apple Macintosh client/server systems and cloud-based systems. This position will work in close collaboration with the CIO, Network Administrator, and other Systems Administrators in maintaining the College’s data centers.
The Systems Administrator responsibilities fall into three distinct categories: client/server systems maintenance, support, resource management tasks. Specifically, under the supervision of the Associate Vice President of Information Technology Services/Chief Information Officer, the Systems Administrator will:
1. Maintain servers systems:
· Install and maintain servers (virtual and physical).
· Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair servers.
· Diagnose and repair standard server software malfunctions.
· Perform preventative maintenance on servers.
· Install and maintain printers and print servers.
· Connect servers to the college network.
· Troubleshoot and correct network access problems related servers.
· Add and remove server roles and features.
· Manage server backups.
· Configure user and computer based group policies.
2. Support end users and students:
· Assist end users with hardware and software questions.
· Provide ITS support as needed for events on and off campus.
· Provide simple instructions to end users about changes in the hardware and/or software they use.
· A customer oriented attitude and desire to help others succeed.
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
· An uncompromising commitment to student learning through the college’s mission, vision, values and the delivery of instruction.
3. Manage technology resources:
· Maintain an inventory of server related technology resources.
· Maintain work areas, tools and software in an orderly manner.
· Maintain a log of servers installations, upgrades and repairs.
The Systems Administrator will also complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Information Technology Services/Chief Information Officer.
· Associate’s degree
· Server hardware/support to include installation, configuration, diagnosis and problem resolution
· A minimum of one year of customer support experience
· A minimum of three years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 or higher)
· Extensive working knowledge of Active Directory Management and Group Policy
· Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell
· Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field
· Microsoft server certifications such as MTA, MCSA, MSCE
· Working knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V, or other virtualization technology
· Proficiency in Microsoft SQL server
· Previous experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· Previous experience with ADFS, SAML, or other access management methods
· Previous experience with Linux OS
· Previous experience with creating technical documentation
· Familiarity with information security best practices
· Able to troubleshoot, install, manage, and configure print servers