The Customer Service Associate is a part-time position that will perform cashiering, customer service, light housekeeping and general stocking.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets customers in a welcoming and professional manner. Utilizes customer-focused interpersonal skills which include, but is not limited to, smiling, making eye contact, providing undivided attention, assisting customers in locating items, acknowledging they will be assisted soon if waiting for another transaction and thanking each one for their business.
- Works safely as to not cause harm to self, customers, co-workers, equipment or inventory.
- Processes checkout/exchange/return transactions utilizing cash registers and credit/debit card terminals. Processes sale items, coupons and other discounts according to terms. Accurately handles cash and makes change. Maintains proper cash levels in register drawer. Bags items for customers. Refills register paper.
- Makes genuinely helpful recommendations to customers and identifies opportunities to sell additional merchandise or services.
- Answers incoming phone calls from customers in a professional and courteous manner. Provides information regarding order status, product availability, current sales, promotions and/or store events.
- Replenishes merchandise and faces products on shelves to ensure a neat and professional presentation according to store procedures.
- Monitors entrances and exits in an effort to promote store safety, security and to minimize merchandise loss. Escalates security concerns to store leadership.
- Performs daily housekeeping duties according to procedures to ensure a neat, clean and welcoming environment. This includes, but is not limited to, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash and dusting.
- May provide assistance with a variety of other functions to support the team.
- Performs all other job functions as assigned.