Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
1st shift (Approximately Monday - Thursday, 5:00AM - 3:30PM)
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Production Operators, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand-held tools such as a hand-held screw and drill gun
- Performing soldering, which is the process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal (solder) into the joint
- Maintain inventory of product in workstations.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, short notice shifts coverage, holidays, and 1st shift (approximately Monday through Thursday, 5AM – 3:30PM) as needed.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a minimum of six (6) months of work experience in a manufacturing environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Manufacturing Experience
- Quality Focus
- Use of Power Tools
- Use of simple hand tools
Travel: Non required
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Production Operator positions at 3M Monroe, NC. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Assembler openings occur at 3M Monroe, NC, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.