The South Piedmont Community College Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to receive tax-exempt contributions to support the mission of the college and the needs of its students. With new and exciting initiatives being pursued by the college, the Foundation is facing exciting opportunities and seeks to fill a new position that will be an essential member of the Foundation team that will help shape the future of SPCC.
The Operations Manager is a full-time, non-exempt position that will report to the Executive Director of the Foundation. The position will be located at the Old Charlotte Highway campus with expected travel between Union and Anson counties.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Operations Manager is responsible for management of the donor database, developing and maintaining data entry standards while maintaining the integrity of the database, managing prospect pipelines and reporting, and overseeing a coordinated prospect research effort. In addition, the Operations Manager will be responsible for development of operations, board relations, special events, and alumni relations.
Key capacities include being detailed oriented, computer proficient, well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills, excellent customer service skills, and having the ability to coordinate many projects simultaneously.
This position will provide support to development in general and contribute to the overall fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit operations and fundraising; or the equivalent of 3 years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising role
- Experience maintaining and/or updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
- Ability to apply new knowledge effectively and appropriately to work processes
- Ability to communicate interpersonally with key stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks with attention to detail
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, graphic design and suitable software and e-marketing platforms (WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, MailChimp, etc.)
- Highly technical experience with state-of-the-art constituent relationship management (CRM) solutions such as eTapestry, Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge
- Experience with non-profit organizations and fundraising, preferably within education
- Serve as the database administrator for eTapestry and all third-party fundraising platforms by managing, processing and acknowledging all donations including in-kind, matching gifts, grants and event donations.
- Collaborate with accounting staff to reconcile all deposits (onsite, offsite, credit cards, online donations and Blackbaud Merchant Services) and serve as the Team lead for annual audit.
- Set up and run queries in eTapestry, or the current CRM in use, for Foundation Staff and other departments as needed including generating mailing lists, donor lists and email lists for publications and email blasts, managing and auditing donor lists for appeals, and providing data for all appeals and events.
- Develop and maintain Foundation Operating Manual and Board Governance resources
- Serves as a liaison between the Executive Director and the Foundation’s Board of Directors by attending and managing logistics around Foundation committees and board meetings including keeping meeting minutes.
- Maintain Foundation subscriptions, licenses, and registrations.
- Manage prospect pipelines, lists and reporting for the Foundation Director.
- Attendance at special events as assigned.
- Management of Braswell Ambassadors and other student interns.
- Collaborate with the college marketing team to develop content and design for all SPCC Foundation communications including newsletter, webpages, social media and other outreach tools and ensure the Foundation’s design needs.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the mission of the organization.