Dynamic QuickBooks Bookkeeper
Please note - applicants with Cover Letters will receive first review. Tell us why this position was made for you.
We are seeking an experienced full-time QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor with sales skills to join our team. As one team member puts it, we are "common sense with a little bit of rock and roll."
As an Advanced QuickBooks Solution Provider since 2012, we perform expert consulting in the full line of QuickBooks products, plus consulting on concrete value-added 3rd party add-ons that work well with QuickBooks. We can be fast-paced, but don't work outside of 9-5 M-F (except in emergencies or the odd rush deadline), and are not open on weekends.
We are actively seeking a fixer, a get-it-doner, a think-on-your-feeter, who likes to make things fun for their clients or employer, and who can pursue the shortest path to resolution on a daily basis.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone enthusiastic about QuickBooks (we know who you are). If you are the person who convinced your boss that QuickBooks was the tool they needed, took a small business out of the receipt box and into QuickBooks software, or finds things every day that work better using a feature in QuickBooks no one knew about, we need you.
This position is beyond the "I know how to enter checks and bills." You need to know or be willing to learn 3rd party tools like BigCommerce and Webgility like it's your first language. You HAVE to be a continuous learner to thrive in this culture, and you have to have grit. If you are looking for the same duties every day and little change, we will disappoint your expectations.
As a member of our rockstar team you receive:
- Performance-based culture. We work as a team to get projects out the door before deadline and to spec. Exceed expectations and you will be recognized.
- Fun & Supportive Team-based REMOTE Work Environment. We are fully remote, and travel is minimal to non-existent. We have been remote-only since 2012, and have the structure to enable you to thrive.
- Holiday & Vacation PTO. 2 weeks PTO + 10 floating holidays which you can use on holidays, or save for additional PTO time. Time resets yearly.
- Health Reimbursement Account (QSEHRA). $200 offset of eligible healthcare plan for eligible employees (regulations apply).
- Bi-weekly Pay Schedule (every other Wednesday).
- Flex Schedule. Work days are M-F 8-5, but as long as you are available on Teams and keep your Outlook calendar up to date we do not geofence. We ask that you are on target with goals and communicate with your manager, but we do not monitor work hour location, but we do measure performance and communication. We DO recommend sticking to typical hours for work-life balance when possible.
- Challenging Mix of Implementation Projects & BPO (Bookkeeping) Services. You may be training a new accountant on QuickBooks today, and setting up BigCommerce and Webgility tomorrow. We assign projects based on your skill sets and preferences, as well as team capacity.
- Team appreciation events. We hold Lunch & Learns regularly to help each other grow, and to stay engaged, along with other culture-enhancing events.
- Training opportunities. In addition to L & Ls, you will receive onboarding training, and will have an onboarding coach for the first few weeks. We also have a resource library for FAQs and video training.
According to new team members, the most common feedback is that they love working as part of a team while being able to maintain independence. We are very proud of our unique ability to offer this and are excited to welcome our next consultant.
- Communicating with clients and prospects timely and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Providing group demos on QuickBooks Online along with QuickBooks Online Team Lead.
- Creating Project Plans and Proposals with Practice Manager and Team Lead to ensure project success.
- Managing a portfolio of 8-15 projects at one time, complete with milestones and scope management, with collaboration from Practice Manager.
- Providing QuickBooks Online training.
- Troubleshooting inventory and integrations (no code).
- Tracking time and activities accurately.
- Meeting KPI goals and achieving software training goals.
- Using Excel & Import tools to push historical data according to Project Plan.
- (Bonus) knowledge of custom reporting tools such as Fathom.
Skills & Education Required:
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and follow SOPs to the letter.
- Familiar with CRM (Customer Relationship Manager). Not a problem if you haven’t used one, but look it up before your interview and make sure you can use one to collaborate with our Sales team. We use Nutshell CRM.
- Have a fully functional home office complete with headset.
- Experience with large dataset wrangling/formatting. Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills critical. VLookup, Concatenate, and similar abilities are critical for data wrangling. If a 27,000 row Excel sheet scares you, this may not be the job for you.
- Research skills. Not knowing something doesn’t phase you. You just Google it and check company resources, SOPs and/or coaches.
- Detail-oriented, strong grammatical and analytical abilities. We are the people that will message back *you’re.
- Experience with inventory management in QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with job costing and projects in QuickBooks Online.
- Daily experience with QuickBooks Online required (3+ years). If you don’t know QBO well enough to train when you start, you will not thrive in this position.
- Calm, positive, honest and professional demeanor. We need proactive colleagues, and positivity is everything. You do not receive extensive training, but you do have project plans and guidance. If you are looking for a heavy training period you will not thrive. You should be a self-learner.
- Strong accounting skills. Bachelor’s degree or relevant combination of education and experience is required. You should be able to show a stable work history in accounting or fintech consulting.
- Exposure to Project Management methodologies. Our Practice Manager will coach you on actively managing projects, but being able to define what is in and out of scope is important.
- (Preferred) Certified Desktop QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Equal Employment Opportunity
KHBOffice LLC DBA Certum Solutions is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law.
Related keywords: bookkeeper, accounting, bookkeeping, accounting clerk
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
Work is completed remotely.