To assist customers with all aspects of the sales and customer services process for products. Involved in all phases of the sales process including quotes, orders, shipments, complaints, and payment issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Builds strong customer relationships, loyalty and retention through exceptional sales/service and the presentation, awareness and understanding of our active product line. Monitors customer accounts: includes understanding issues, trends and general
“healthiness” of the customer-supplier relationship to assist the organization in the service and support of our customers. Assists customers with additional information, including providing tracking information, proof of delivery (POD), invoices, packing slips, product literature, basic technical data, test reports, website and direct instruction.
2. Responds to quotes and market leads. Reviews quote information, product identification, reviews existing agreements, and obtains pricing and lead-time. Analyzes quotes to identify additional sales where applicable. Solicits and records quote feedback. Files and maintains RFQ, quotation, customer purchase orders, and sales order acknowledgement.
3. Processes “add-ons” to customer purchase order. Includes the review of purchase order against quote, contract or standard terms and conditions, resolving any discrepancies.
Supports the resolution of credit holds and sends acknowledgements to the customer.
4. Sends new vendor creation data to accounting to complete credit application processing.
Provides customer profile, credit application and resale tax certificates to Accounts
Receivable. Forwards EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) to customers as needed. Provides credit card authorization information to Accounts Receivable as needed.
5. Manages customer open orders, including processing customer expediting, periodically reviews open order to identify and address issues, and communicates status/issues to the customer. Liaising with manufacturing, logistics and commercial departments gathers information and resolve any issues.
6. Submits customer complaints. Includes assisting in the problem solving effort to include implementing corrective actions. Enters Return Material Authorization (RMA) request.
Including obtaining facts, obtaining decision to accept or reject request, creating/issuing
RMA, monitoring RMA and all required communications involved. Enters and expedites replacement orders as required.
7. Reviews buying patterns of customers to understand demand spikes up or down and obtaining market intelligence that can be shared throughout the organization. Analyzes customer data to allow us to maintain or secure new orders
8. Supports resolution of Accounts Receivable issues with customers. Includes determining why customer has deducted or not paid, assessing if there is a valid basis, and determining whether collection or credit is appropriate. Works with management as part of the escalation process to reach a resolution.
9. Understands, adheres to and promotes the environmental, health & safety policies and practices
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May perform other duties as required
JOB SPECIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Good oral and written communication
• Read, write and basic math.
• Experience with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables.
• Requires the ability to plan and perform a sequence of operations where standards and recognized operation methods are available and the making of general decisions regarding quality, set up and tolerances.
• Occasional lifting up to 25 lb. from floor to waist high.
• Occasional bending and stooping.
Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.