Position Summary: The Wingate University Office of Campus Safety seeks candidates for part-time second- and third-shift positions. The Campus Safety Officer promotes a partnership between University students, faculty, staff, and visitors along with the Town of Wingate Police, Union County Sheriff's Office, and the surrounding community. This position performs intermediate safety, crime prevention, resource protection, and community outreach work involving a variety of tactical, administrative, police-related, and support-duty assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies the community policing philosophy in a fair and impartial manner to all aspects of providing public safety and security services in a university environment.
- Performs work involving the protection of life and property, the enforcement of laws and ordinances, the maintenance of order, and the investigation of incident claims and occurrences.
- Provides leadership during emergency or crisis situations in cooperation with local law enforcement, emergency responders, and University Residence Life Staff.
- Responds to calls for service, complaints, or reports of actual, possible, or potential occurrence of criminal activity.
- Enforces University policies, guidelines, and procedures; particularly those related to or specifically drafted for the assigned housing community.
- Regular, predictable attendance on campus.
- Alignment with University mission, vision, and strategic roadmap.
- Other job duties/responsibilities may be assigned.