$15 - $16 an hour
Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Certified Clinical Medical Assistants
The clinical medical assistant will be required to assist our physicians with patient assessments, examinations, diagnosis and treatment, while working closely with patients who are sick and/or injured. Interviewing patients, measuring vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and managing the process of patient records and charts are all daily responsibilities. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, drawing and collecting blood samples from patients and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis. The clinical medical assistant will also prepare treatment rooms in anticipation for doctor patient visitation.
- Prepares patients for examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Work with multiple departments of the practice as needed.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examination.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments and prepare required sterilization.
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of physician and/or extender/mid-level.
- Assist, as needed, with physician and/or extenders/mid-levels in exam rooms.
- Manage telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Act as a conduit for information between physicians and patients to ensure patient adherence related to physicians post and pre care instructions.
- Aseptic technique and infection control administration of medications.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs and document all information in patient's chart.
- Draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assist with examinations and routine procedures, which may include minor surgery at the physicians’ discretion.
- Ensure reports, labs and information are filled in ordinance with our company standards and state regulations.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and extenders/mid-levels.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
- Perform some administrative duties.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by clinical coordinator or practice administrator.
- Excellent knowledge base of clinically assisting physicians and patients in a private practice setting.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- The ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Reliable, responsible and highly organized.
- Microsoft office suite 360.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to meet and exceed timelines.
- Detail oriented.
- Practice Management Software proficient
High School Diploma
Medical Assistant Certification
Minimum 1 year to 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Urgent Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
- First Care Medical Clinic is requiring All vaccinations to be up to date. This includes COVID 19 Vaccination.
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place